During the start-up phase, many prospective business owners wonder if they really need to hire an attorney. They may be intimidated or worry about the costs. However, starting a new business, or even expanding an existing one, can be complex. Hiring an attorney is crucial and it means that you have given your business the best possible start without worries about possible legal missteps that could hinder future development. Having an experienced business attorney helping you along the way means that you can feel confident that your start-up is well establish and truly ready for business.
Here are the main reasons you should consider hiring an attorney for your business start-up:
- There are numerous legal forms and documents that need to be completed correctly.
- You ultimately save time and money using an experienced professional and know that your start-up was done right. It can be costly to undo mistakes that are made when establishing a business.
- You are free to work on other aspects of the start-up that need your attention, while the attorney focuses on the legal aspects. Don’t waste valuable time attempting to learn about the legal process, when a knowledgeable attorney can easily ensure that your start-up is correctly set up and protected.
- Ensure that you are not violating laws or creating an unnecessary tax liability.
- Control risk in your interactions with employees, suppliers, and the public.
- Ensure the protection of the company’s intellectual property.
- An attorney can help with specific business tasks like establishing business practices and agreements, trademarking a business name, obtaining patents, preparing incorporation forms, reviewing leases, and more.
Alexander Law Firm has experienced business lawyers who have worked with privately held businesses, family-owned businesses, start-up ventures, entrepreneurs, landlords and non-profit organizations. Contact us today and let us use our knowledge and years of experience to help get your start-up off to the best possible start.